Sunday, April 29, 2012

Spa Wraps

So time got away again, not quite as long this time but still, my intention is to write a blog a week at least.  Some day maybe that will happen.  Right now I'm thrilled I remembered only a month after my last one blog.  I am so excited that in the past month my business has taken off, through a couple of products, here is a feature of one of them and how I came up with the idea. 

Being the beginning of May (almost) and so many upcoming weddings and graduations I have had a huge increase in sales of my bath towels or spa wraps.  Currently I have 3 orders of at least 5 towels (one is 7) each and waiting to see about an order for 15 to 20 that I'm praying will come through soon (please pray too).  http://www.etsy.com/listing/86059739/adult-and-child-spa-wrap-deal5                                                                                                I never would have thought last year in Gulf Shores when I was inspired to make them after seeing them in multiple stores that they would be so popular.  I don't even remember what the ones in the store look like any more, can't wait to go back this summer to see them again.   When I am inspired by a product I of course love to change it and make it more personalized for a customer but without an embroidery machine I'm very limited.  But I am very skilled in applique and satin stitch so I decided to add a circle of fabric and an initial in the center, which I have been adding to a lot of other products.  I have been making a lot of children sizes along with adult ones, and even my boys are waiting me to design towels for them too.  I finally got Harrison's made today, he was very excited to have his towel that he "LOVES"  Poor kid looks so cold in this picture. http://www.etsy.com/listing/98701133/boys-wrap-towelsbaseballs-on-a-white   Customers ask all the time for changes in items which I love, especially when they come out as cute as this pink towel with the Ella fabric, even the lower case "e" was a customer request.  I can't wait to make some with ruffles down the front!!  I am going to make one for me along with a matching beach bag with ruffles before we go to the beach this year!   

         

No comments:

Post a Comment